Retrieve MIDI device capability information.
First available in version 3.2 build 136.
result - MIDI device information, in XML format.
When this method is called synchronously, a return object containing the output parameters is returned to the caller immediately.
The MIDI information is returned in XML format with a midi_device node for each installed device that contains information such as the device ID, the manufacturer ID (in hexadecimal), the product ID (in hexadecimal), the manufacturer's name for the device, and the version of the driver software (0 padded), as in the example below (line breaks have been added to improve readability).
If no MIDI devices are attached, an XML tree with no <midi_device> nodes will be returned.
- Attribute Description
- id MIDI device identifier to be used in future calls to the MIDI plugin
- mid the manufacturer identifier (in hexadecimal)
- pid the product identifier (in hexadecimal)
- name a string containing the MIDI device product name (url encoded)
- ver version number of the device driver for the MIDI input device (0 padded decimal)
var return_obj = ssCore.MIDI.getInfo();