Retrieve joystick capability information.
First available in version 3.0 build 2039.
result - Joystick and port information, in XML format.
When this method is called synchronously, a return object containing the output parameters is returned to the caller immediately.
The joystick information is returned in XML format with a joystick node for each installed joystick that contains information such as the type of joystick, number of buttons, number of axes supported, etc. as in the example below (line breaks have been added to improve readability).
name='2-axis, 4-button joystick'
If no joysticks are installed an XML tree with no <joystick> nodes will be returned.
- Attribute Description
- id joystick identifier to be used in future calls to the Joystick plugin
- name a string containing the joystick product name
- oem a string identifying the joystick driver OEM (original equipment manufacturer)
- mid the manufacturer identifier
- pid the product identifier
- axes number of axes currently in use by the joystick
- maxaxes maximum number of axes supported by the joystick
- buttons number of joystick buttons
- maxbuttons maximum number of buttons supported by the joystick
- hasz joystick can return z-coordinate information
- hasr joystick can return rudder (fourth axis) information
- hasu joystick can return u-coordinate (fifth axis) information
- hasv joystick can return v-coordinate (sixth axis) information
- haspov joystick can return point-of-view-information
- haspov4dir joystick point-of-view supports discrete values (centered, forward, backward, left, and right)
- haspovcts joystick point-of-view supports continuous degree bearings
- x, y, z, r, u, v the upper and lower limits (comma separated) supported by the joystick for each of the x, y, z, r, u and v axes
var return_obj = ssCore.Joystick.getInfo();