The ActionScript 3 Utilities is a library of ActionScript classes that are provided to add functionality required for certain SWF Studio functionality and to help with commonly added functionality.
The classes are distributed as an SWC file, which is a pre-compiled Flash library resource, compatible with Flash CS3 and Flex Builder 2.0.1 (hotfix 2). The SWC (NorthcodeAS3Lib.swc) is installed in the SWC folder where SWF Studio is installed. It is also copied into the Flash CS3 components directory.
In the Flash authoring environment:
1. Open the Components panel.
2. Open the "SWF Studio V3" folder.
3. Drag "Northcode AS3 Library" to the Library panel for your FLA.
In Flex Builder:
1. Open the Properties dialog for your project.
2. Select "Flex Build Path" from the left-hand menu (called "ActionScript Build Path" for ActionScript-only projects).
3. Select the "Library path" tab.
4. Click the "Add SWC..." button and choose the location of the SWC from the file open dialog.
The included packages are:
You will need to import the packages you want to access. See the examples in each package for more information.