Posted by eroscc in SWF Studio V3 on Nov 28 2008, 08:08 am

Hi People.

I buyed version 3.6 of the Northcode, and my game been converted from Zinc to Northcode, We have a big improvement in performance, but in Last step We have a probleme.
We use Active Mark for protect we games, and I recive one windows with erro when run one exe compiled with Northcode and protect with Activemark.

I saw another topic that has a person with the same problem, but it was not clear to me that the issue is resolved, what can I do to turn my game using ActiveMark?

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Nov 28 2008, 11:03 am

First, you have to set the executable type on the Outut Tab to Unbundled. Then in the Start Menu (under Northcode) there's an item called Patch with two sub items to Install and Remove the patch tool. You want to install it. That will place two new files in your SWF Studio application folder (xpatch.exe and sstub.exe). If you build an unbundled EXE and SWF Studio sees those two files, it will use them to automatically "patch" your EXE at the end of the build so it will work with ActiveMark. Be sure to read the Redist information (also in the Start menu) to find out what other files you have to distribute with your unbundled EXE files.

Posted by eroscc in SWF Studio V3 on Nov 28 2008, 01:17 pm

Ok, Its running :)

But, we have another problem :)

When I running my game with activemark, trial expire in one second and expire screen show,
You had the same problem?

Thankyou

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Nov 28 2008, 01:40 pm

Are you seeing ActiveMark's trial screen or ours? I think you have to disable the screen that shows when the application ends, that one will appear immediately because of the way we patch the EXE file right now.

Posted by eroscc in SWF Studio V3 on Nov 28 2008, 01:53 pm

When I make one exe in Unbundled, Need send external flash osx?

Have legal issue form this? You know if I have problens with adobe becouse this?

Thankyou

Posted by eroscc in SWF Studio V3 on Nov 28 2008, 02:04 pm

Ok, I remove screen and done.

But we have another problem :(
Trial time never decrement, I think this is because way patch

Thankyou
Eros

Posted by eroscc in SWF Studio V3 on Nov 28 2008, 02:17 pm

No is possible use standalone version with ActiveMark? In Zinc this is possible, this is a Last problem that we have, but is a big problem because my client e-commerce is based is actvemark solution.

Thankyou
Eros

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Dec 01 2008, 12:59 am

QUOTE:
When I make one exe in Unbundled, Need send external flash osx?
Have legal issue form this? You know if I have problens with adobe becouse this?
To avoid any legal issues you can have your installer check to see if Flash is present. If not, you can send them to the Flash player download page at adobe.com or get a (free) license to include the installer on your CD.

QUOTE:
No is possible use standalone version with ActiveMark? In Zinc this is possible, this is a Last problem that we have, but is a big problem because my client e-commerce is based is actvemark solution.ActiveMark doesn't like our virtualization/protection system, which is why we came up with the Unbundled mode. I tried a couple of ideas this weekend but I haven't found a solution yet, but I have a few more ideas to try. I'll keep you informed.

Posted by RJfit in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 15 2009, 10:24 pm

QUOTE: from northcode;46026
Are you seeing ActiveMark's trial screen or ours? I think you have to disable the screen that shows when the application ends, that one will appear immediately because of the way we patch the EXE file right now.

Hi, Tim:

We have the same problem as the expiry screen pops up right away after launch the exe. Could you please share on which screen can we disable the screen?

Thanks a lot,

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 15 2009, 11:15 pm

It's a setting in ActiveMark that has to be changed, not in SWF Studio.

Posted by RJfit in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 21 2009, 09:19 pm

QUOTE: from northcode;46338
It's a setting in ActiveMark that has to be changed, not in SWF Studio.

Sorry did not make the question clear. On which screen in ActiveMark can we disable the expiry screen? Which option?

Thanks a lot!

Posted by pchristenhusz in SWF Studio V3 on Feb 09 2009, 04:03 am

I'm wrapping a game using ActiveMARK. We've had some problems because of expiration. But thanks to some co-workers this should be solved. But I have a new problem now. Every time I start the game I get the error "This application was created with an unlicensed copy of SWF Studio".
I know this is a developers problem, but the thing is, I only get this message on 1 pc. Other pc's with the same sources don't get this message.
Any ideas?

Posted by AGo in SWF Studio V3 on Feb 09 2009, 04:07 am

The trial protection chimes in one day (or was that two? can´t remember...) after you first launched your application on that specific machine, so if you try to rerun your app in three days (without recompiling it) it will show the expiry screen as well.

This assumes that your exe was actually build with a non licensed version of SWF Studio of course ;)

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Feb 09 2009, 10:57 am

QUOTE:
Other pc's with the same sources don't get this message.It sounds like one of your machines is using a trial version of SWF Studio. Did you purchase licenses for all your developers?

Posted by pchristenhusz in SWF Studio V3 on Feb 09 2009, 11:04 am

None of these pc's are actually used in the development of the actual game. So none of the pc's have any developers licenses of SWF Studio.

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Feb 09 2009, 11:21 am

I can guarantee that the message you're seeing "This application was created with an unlicensed copy of SWF Studio" only appears in EXEs created with a trial version of SWF Studio. Nothing you can do in an FLA would cause that message to appear.

So the EXE was generated on a machine other than where you have SWF Studio installed or someone other than the registered user logged into the development machine and generated the EXE. The software is licensed to only one user so if someone else logged into the development machine to use SWF Studio it would have shown that it was in trial mode.

Posted by pchristenhusz in SWF Studio V3 on Feb 10 2009, 03:11 am

The developer of the game admitted his error. They said it was created with a trail version of SWF Studio. I just got new sources which don't have the error.
But thank you all for your help.