Posted by eestes1 in SWF Studio V3 on Nov 25 2008, 10:09 pm

Has anyone experienced the Flex sdk 3 combobox not displaying the dropdown when you click it? It works in the swf fine, just when i wrap it in an exe from SWF Studio it displays nothing when clicked. Here is my test that is not working:

-ethan

Posted by eestes1 in SWF Studio V3 on Nov 26 2008, 12:33 am

Here is the error i was getting:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
   at mx.controls::ComboBox/displayDropdown()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\ComboBox.as:1567]
   at mx.controls::ComboBox/downArrowButton_buttonDownHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\ComboBox.as:1801]
   at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
   at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
   at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:9298]
   at mx.controls::Button/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::buttonPressed()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\Button.as:2504]
   at mx.controls::Button/mouseDownHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\Button.as:2750]

I found it had to do with the sdk3.2 update-when i compiled the swf with the 3.1 milestone the comboboxes displayed in the exe. Not sure what the issue is as the 3.2 file works fine in the SA flash player and the plugin/active x. Northcode might want to verify against that update.

Posted by GaiusCoffey in SWF Studio V3 on Dec 19 2008, 08:38 am

Hi,
I have just imported a flex project too, and am seeing some very strange behaviour also.

I have a VBox with a white background and a text field with black and blue text in it with a button underneath... all works perfectly outside of SWFStudio.

In SWFStudio, the white background (intermittently) disappears, the button appears in "disabled" state but functions, the movie runs slowly and the text is not only displayed incorrectly (resizes to require slider bars :() but it appears to be selected.

G

Posted by GaiusCoffey in SWF Studio V3 on Dec 19 2008, 08:48 am

Just updated to the latest SWF Studio. It seems to have fixed the problem.
G

Posted by spider241 in SWF Studio V3 on May 04 2009, 03:12 pm

I'm running in to a similar error. The combobox will not dropped down. I currently have Flex Builder 3.0(build 3.0.2.214193) and SWF 3.6 build 147. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Posted by Chris_Seahorn in SWF Studio V3 on May 04 2009, 03:23 pm

Having no problems at all with comboboxes in FB3 (same build as spider) and 3.7. I'm sure the upcoming 3.7 release (Tims mentions today) will clean you up.

Your exact code compiled against 3.7 exe screenshot

http://www.km-codex.com/flex_examples/estees_fb3_37_combo.jpg

Posted by eestes1 in SWF Studio V3 on May 04 2009, 03:23 pm

I'd pull the 3.1 (or the 3.3) milestone of the flex sdk and compile against that. It might go away.

http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Download+Flex+3

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on May 04 2009, 04:09 pm

I've been busy all afternoon so I didn't make the formal announcment yet, but if you hit the update button in SWF Studio or check the SWF Studio page you'll see that I released 3.7 build 197 this morning :)

Posted by spider241 in SWF Studio V3 on May 06 2009, 08:51 am

Haven't tried SWF Studio 3.7 yet. I got around it by changing the compiler to Flex 2.0.1 HotFix 3 from Flex 3.2, under project->properties->flex compiler->flex SDK version.

Is Flex 2.0.1 100% compatible with SWF STudio 3.6 build 147?

Thanks
-Garvin

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on May 06 2009, 08:57 am

According to the release notes... Flex 2 users (both Flex Builder and the Flex SDK) require the Flex 2.0.1 Hotfix 2 (that's the minimum) in order to use the SWF Studio coreAS3Definitions.swc library file. The coreAS3Definitions.swc file is built with Flash CS3. Changes to playerglobal.swc (the Flash core library) were introduced in CS3 and the Flex SDK was updated to match.

Posted by spider241 in SWF Studio V3 on May 06 2009, 09:17 am

Thanks Tim! Just upgraded to 3.7 (build 197) and everything works fine. :)

Posted by mbd in SWF Studio V3 on May 07 2009, 12:12 am

Not sure if this issue applies to the combobox or not, but someone mentioned an issue with the Flex 3 tooltips not working. I was able to get it to work in 3.6 and 3.7 by using the 3.3 SDK update. The tooltips wouldn't show in 3.2 and earlier when run in a SWF Studio-built application. It might have something to do with the way we've done things in our stub SWF (the one that loads your main SWF), but the 3.3 SDK appears to have fixed the issue.

Posted by Chris_Seahorn in SWF Studio V3 on May 07 2009, 10:00 am

Odd you should mention this...just today I'm noticing Flex Tooltips are seemingly doubled but was confused as to why. I didnt suspect SWFS as I have no SWFS commands to fire a tip in the mxml. Could it be SWFS is picking up on my Flex command and firing a tip at will?

http://www.km-codex.com/examples/swfs_doubletip_flexbuilder.jpg

http://www.km-codex.com/examples/swfs_doubletip_flexbuilder2.jpg

http://www.km-codex.com/examples/swfs_doubletip_flexbuilder3.jpg

Using FlexBuilder 3.0.2.214193
Synchronous commands
SWFS 3.7
Compiled as standalone

Each image button in the screenshots of my main populates tips via attributes like so:

The upper tip in each screen is the odd man out (and SWFS generated I can only assume).

As a sidenote I actually prefer the SWFS tooltips :)

QUOTE: from mbd;47378
Not sure if this issue applies to the combobox or not, but someone mentioned an issue with the Flex 3 tooltips not working. I was able to get it to work in 3.6 and 3.7 by using the 3.3 SDK update. The tooltips wouldn't show in 3.2 and earlier when run in a SWF Studio-built application. It might have something to do with the way we've done things in our stub SWF (the one that loads your main SWF), but the 3.3 SDK appears to have fixed the issue.

Posted by mbd in SWF Studio V3 on May 12 2009, 10:55 am

Unless you have SWF Studio code to add tooltips they shouldn't just appear. There's nothing in the AS3 core that would add tooltips for you. ssCore.Tooltip.show HAS to be called in order for SWF Studio to display a tooltip.

We can't override anything in AS3 like we did in AS1/AS2 so the only thing I can see is that you were testing code at some point, or a component/class you're using is using SWF Studio commands as well, or there's an accessibility feature turned on.

I did a search through the 3.0.0 and 3.2.0 SDKs and didn't find anything that would suggest a call to our API or even something close like Tooltip.show.

If you create a new MXML project with the same button/component do you still see the tooltip? If so, can you provide me with a copy of your project?