Posted by dmac66 in SWF Studio V3 on Oct 14 2008, 03:50 pm

I have a project that loads an external swf to display as a background. If I output to a projector file or swf directly from Flash CS3, the background displays. I am trying to use SWF Studio to output an exe inwhich the end user will not see the typical window. When I output my project from V3 the background swf does not display.
The background swf is loaded with AS on the first frame of the main movie into a blank mc.

Posted by dmac66 in SWF Studio V3 on Oct 14 2008, 04:22 pm

update...
when I allow the window to display and add a title, my background displays.
very strange.

Posted by mbd in SWF Studio V3 on Oct 14 2008, 04:32 pm

Are you including the external SWF in the Files tab of SWF Studio? Or is the external SWF next to the EXE?

Are you publishing for AS3?

Posted by dmac66 in SWF Studio V3 on Oct 14 2008, 04:45 pm

The external file is in a folder located on the cd. I suppose it may not like the path although the images that are loaded are in a sub-folder and load properly. I will try this with the external swf in the same location as the main file.
This is AS2.

Posted by mbd in SWF Studio V3 on Oct 14 2008, 04:51 pm

Having it in a subfolder is fine. What is the path you are using?

What are you using to load the SWF, MovieClip.loadMovie, the global loadMovie, or MovieClipLoader.loadClip?

Posted by dmac66 in SWF Studio V3 on Oct 14 2008, 05:27 pm

Here is the code:

#include "animFunctions.as"

loadMovie ("backgrounds/background.swf", background);

Posted by mbd in SWF Studio V3 on Oct 15 2008, 11:08 am

Can you post a simple example? Please include your FLA, SPF, and external SWF.

Posted by dmac66 in SWF Studio V3 on Oct 16 2008, 12:49 pm

Here are the files. this will not show the full effect of the project since there are AS files associated as well. I purchased the files from Flashden and would not want to inadvertently distribute them for free.
What I had done was use the shearwater2008.swf in my SWF Studio project to display without the window. These were originally created in CS3 using AS2.
Let me know if I am using the wrong approach in my work process.

attachments: shearwater2008.fla   background.swf   shearwater2008.swf