Posted by Tonic in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 29 2008, 05:37 am

Hello,

I work with the TCP library of northcode.

I have an application Java which receives data of a serial port, and sends these datas to a server. Then, with my application ( swf+exe ), I connect to a port of this server, and my application receives these datas.
The data which I receive are encoded in UTF8, but I would like to know if it is possible to receive the hexadecimal chain, or the raw table of byte?

Because I must be able to interpreting hexadecimal data, and make operation from these data.

Thank you for your advice ;)

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 29 2008, 11:20 am

If your server sends the data in hex string format then you can use that, but it isn't possible to receive binary data using the TCP plugin right now.

Posted by Tonic in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 29 2008, 12:27 pm

QUOTE: from northcode;45606
If your server sends the data in hex string format then you can use that, but it isn't possible to receive binary data using the TCP plugin right now.

Hello,

i receive utf8 chars, but i can retrieve the hexa code for this chars, because some of chars haven't the same value, but they have the same utf8 decode char interpretation.

So, i can use the TCP plugin.

But i have find a solution with the AS3 socket class, i can access to the byte array, and decode this to find the right hexa value.