Posted by Digisoul in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 13 2008, 12:38 pm

Hi Guys,

Today my topic is little typical (just I think may it not :) ), Actually I create a much complicated application(Some sort of Scanning) in AutoIt Script because its give direct access to system programming. It’s work well, and I want to communicate it with my SS application (As front-end).

1stly I tried Registry entries on my SS App to receive values from AutoIt application, but it takes much time. I tried multiple Movie clips as loops to get values from registry but its slow down the System because its use 91% of C.P.U and my AutoIt app need approximate 10% of C.P.U. As 2nd attempt I tried some external text files but the result was same.

So now the question is, is it possible to send multiple values to SS application from another Application or any other method to receive data?

I read the ssCore.App.sendData but I think its only work with SS applications.

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 14 2008, 12:11 am

I don't know what AutoIt can do so I can't make any recommendations but if you can do low-level programming with AutoIt then you might be able to communicate over TCP/IP. Just a thought.

Posted by AGo in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 14 2008, 05:15 am

you could also set your application to be single Instance only and then use the onOtherInstance event to send data to your running exe.

Posted by Digisoul in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 14 2008, 02:07 pm

Thank you very much for your reply guys.

QUOTE: from AGo;45485
you could also set your application to be single Instance only and then use the onOtherInstance event to send data to your running exe.

I can't use my SS app as single instance because; I designed it for multi tasking.

Posted by Digisoul in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 14 2008, 02:10 pm

QUOTE: from northcode;45479
I don't know what AutoIt can do so I can't make any recommendations but if you can do low-level programming with AutoIt then you might be able to communicate over TCP/IP. Just a thought.

AutoIt Script's Syntax is just like Basic Language Syntax. So Its difficult to programm in LOW-LEVEL. You can check it here www.autoitscript.com .

Anyways, kindly can you please explain me 1 thing, how can one SS App send data to other SS App.
I mean to say what's the internal structure of this method; the data we send, store anywhere, any control command or something else?

or any other way ?

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 14 2008, 08:24 pm

I just had a quick look around the site and AutoItX (DLL/COM control) looks interesting.

Posted by Digisoul in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 14 2008, 09:47 pm

Ya it is! btw your tryin to give me any hint :) ???

Posted by Digisoul in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 15 2008, 06:03 pm

Hello,,,

No Reply at all ??????

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 15 2008, 09:33 pm

Most Windows applications don't communicate with each other. The ones that do expose very specific interfaces for other applications to use. TCP or UDP messages are quite common for applications. COM components are exposed by applications designed to be used by other applications. If you can't do TCP/IP communications then you won't be able to implement the mechanism that App.sendData uses (which is WM_COPYDATA messages).

My idea was to create an instance of the AutoItX control in SWF Studio and then load your script into it and use whatever methods and events the control exposes to communicate with your script. The AutoItX control looked like the most promising option available but without actually learning AutoIt or trying this myself, I have no idea whether it will work.

Posted by Digisoul in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 20 2008, 03:57 pm

Thanks Northcode you show me the rite path. Actually i tried UDP & TCP functions, but its sees some problem, i have to open the port from both apps. so if i open it from SS App ,Autoit App unable to connect. whats that problem?

and your idia about ActiveX is very usefull, but i have a little problem?
the Class that used by SS App is : MACROMEDIA FLASH PLAYER ACTIVE X;
and ActiveX info tool shows me 2 Active X classes

1. ProgID : FlashFactory_FlashFactory
2. ProgID : ShockwaveFlash_ShockwaveFlash

which 1 will help me, to do my required task ?

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 21 2008, 04:28 pm

I was actually thinking about using the ActiveX control that AutoScript exposes to launch your script using the ActiveX support in SWF Studio. Like I said, I haven't looked at it in depth, but there must be a way to pass data to a script that you're launching (something like we do with JScript).