Posted by stig_o_n in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 18 2008, 03:33 pm

My application is using the HTTP plugin to retrieve some data from from a server. Everything works perfectly in Xp.:)

In Vista everythings works perfect when the program is run NOT as administrator! If I run the application from an admin-user or choose "Run as administrator" I get the following error: "The requested resource could not be found, access is denied, or there was a server error."

It seems like the access is denied, but only for the admin!!

I'll be happy for any clue.

Stig

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 18 2008, 04:33 pm

Is it just an HTTP download that you're trying to do or is there something else going on? If you can show us the resource you're trying to grab we can try it here? You can email support@northcode.com if you don't want to advertise the resource you're trying to download.

Posted by stig_o_n in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 18 2008, 05:34 pm

I'm just calling on a PHP script which returns a few bytes of info. I have sent you the url in a mail, but I don't think that the url it matters. I have reduced the PHP to "echo("TESTINFO")", but with the same result.

If such things matters: I'm using port:"80" and headers:"Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r"

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 18 2008, 09:22 pm

I dropped this code into a new FLA and it worked when I ran it with and without admin rights.

ssCore.init();
ssDefaults.synchronousCommands = true;

ssCore.HTTP.host({host:"www.theserver.com"});
ssCore.HTTP.resource({resource:"m-lagring/getVer.php"});

ssCore.HTTP.start({}, {callback:"started", scope:this});

function started(return_obj, callback_obj, error_obj)
{
   if (return_obj.success)
   {
      ssCore.HTTP.read({}, {callback:"fileRead", scope:this});
   }
   else
   {
      ssDebug.trace("ERROR: "+error_obj.description);
   }
}

function fileRead(return_obj, callback_obj, error_obj)
{
   if (return_obj.success)
   {
      var r = ssCore.HTTP.getBuffer();
      ssDebug.trace("retrieved successfully");
      ssDebug.trace(r.result);
   }
   else
   {
      ssDebug.trace("ERROR: "+error_obj.description);
   }

ssCore.HTTP.stop();
}

Posted by stig_o_n in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 19 2008, 03:35 am

Thank you for testing.

I ran your code in a clean exe and got just the same result. With user A, the admin account, I got the same error. With user B, not admin, everything went ok.

Then I created a user C, as admin. With this user everything went ok.

If user B, runs the program with "Run as administrator" and chooses admin A, error.
If user B, runs the program with "Run as administrator" and chooses admin C, OK.

I then changed user A to a non-admin account. The error is still there.

Conclusion, the problem is with this particular user account. If it is admin or not does not matter.

I have tried different setting in the "Windows security center" (firewall on/off ect), but the error is still there.

If I knew it was only this account, I would just remove it and my problem would be gone. If there are many other accounts out there with the same error, its not so good.

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 19 2008, 06:03 am

The HTTP plugin uses WinINet, so what happens when you try to access that resource from IE using the problem account?

Posted by stig_o_n in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 19 2008, 06:46 am

My computer has been playing tricks on me. After refusing to cooperate for 24h , the troubled account suddenly works fine. :) I'll never know what happened.

Thanks a lot for your assistance!

Stig