Posted by Clovis in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 02 2008, 06:07 am

Hi,

I have some onKillFocus on textfields -in an app- that were working fine in Flash 8 (as2). Then I changed the publish settings to export for Flash 9 in as2 too. At this time the onKillFocus event stopped working as expected (they work only when you click on another input or selectable textfield).

Does anyone have an idea ?

Posted by AGo in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 02 2008, 01:45 pm

have you tried disabling the focus manager?

_focusrect = false;
_root.focusManager.enabled = false;

Posted by Clovis in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 03 2008, 01:27 pm

No but I'll make a try. For the moment I publish for Flash Player 8 as it seems solve the problem.

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 03 2008, 10:40 pm

Does this happen when you're testing with SWF Studio or do you see the same thing when you run it in the Flash 9 player in a browser window as well (since that's what SWF Studio is using under the covers)?

Posted by Clovis in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 04 2008, 08:05 am

This is a complex app that cannot work without SWF Studio so I didn't test it in a browser window.

While you're here, Tim, I have to tell you another problem related to this case. Some ssDebug.trace do not show in SS3's window when I publish the main swf for FP9 in AS2. I say "some" because it only happens at the end of a long function and only in this function.

I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with SS3 and FP9/AS2 but, as I said before, this was easier for us to go back to FP8 as it is working nicely.

How can I help ?

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 04 2008, 05:54 pm

QUOTE:
This is a complex app that cannot work without SWF Studio so I didn't test it in a browser windowI meant to just try the focus related issue in a simple app to see if the behavior changed in Flash between FP8 and FP9.

QUOTE:
Some ssDebug.trace do not show in SS3's window when I publish the main swf for FP9 in AS2. I say "some" because it only happens at the end of a long function and only in this function.I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with SS3 and FP9/AS2 but, as I said before, this was easier for us to go back to FP8 as it is working nicely.ssDebug.trace is a wrapper for the ssCore.App.trace function that also does some other stuff for you. If you replace your calls to ssDebug.trace with calls to App.trace you'll get a little more control, like whether the command is executed syncrhonously or asynchronously. If that doesn't behave any differently then we can try to come up with a reproducible test case so I can see it happening here.

Posted by Clovis in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 04 2008, 07:03 pm

OK I'll do these tests tomorrow and see what happens.

Posted by Clovis in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 05 2008, 07:55 am

QUOTE: from northcode;45056
I meant to just try the focus related issue in a simple app to see if the behavior changed in Flash between FP8 and FP9.

This test is done, there is actually a difference between FP9 and FP8. I have attached an zip file that contains the two versions ([ATTACH]1449[/ATTACH]). In the FP8 version you can click in a textfield to give focus and click anywhere else to kill focus. In FP9 you cannot kill focus by clicking outside a textfield, you have to click inside another textfield... this is weird...

I'll tell you about ssCore.App.trace tests this afternoon...