Posted by cwills in Plugin Development on Jun 25 2008, 08:46 am

Hello.

I am new to the world of SWF Studio and Flash developement in general. I was wondering if there is a place to find the most up to date examples for vs 2005, in particular the C++ examples. I have noticed that the examples that came with 3.5 build 314 are for vs 6.0. I have tried to convert the examples, but before I spent time on that task I thought I would ask if it had already been done.

Thank you.

Posted by Dan in Plugin Development on Jun 25 2008, 11:47 am

The samples do work under VS2005 and VS2008. As stated in the Plugin SDK readme.rtf, you have to replace the NC_Plugin.lib provided with the one that is compatible with VS2005 (also provided.)

Posted by cwills in Plugin Development on Jun 25 2008, 12:23 pm

Alright then I will tell you the step that I have performed and you can inform me what I am missing.

Currently, I am working with the CallDLL example.

I opened the VC++ 6.0 dsp and converted it to the VC++ 2005 sln file. Once the solution file is opened, I change the project properties so that it can find the .h and the .lib and add the NC_Plugin2005.lib to the additional dependencies.

When I try and build this example, I get 8 unresolved externals. I have included an example of what the linker is looking for below.

"public: void __thiscall NCManifest::AddErrorCode(int,wchar_t * const)"

Posted by Dan in Plugin Development on Jun 25 2008, 02:15 pm

Did you maybe miss this forum entry just a few threads down?

Frankly, I had forgotten about it, otherwise I would have mentionned it in my first response.

Send us an email and we'll make sure you get the right lib.

Posted by cwills in Plugin Development on Jun 25 2008, 02:30 pm

I can't see anything in that post. It is empty for me.

Posted by mbd in Plugin Development on Jun 25 2008, 03:09 pm

For some reason the thread was moderated. Try the link again.