Posted by jlsyzsin in Coffee Lounge on Jun 11 2008, 09:34 am

Hey Northcode, I wanted to say that your online help is really nice and helps me get through some binds when I'm home to access my help file. I was thinking that I might want to do something nice like that on my site but I tried searching google and cant really seem to find anything thats simple like that, I dont even think I'm searching the right terms. Can you help point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Posted by mbd in Coffee Lounge on Jun 11 2008, 09:53 am

Our online help system was something we created. The content is built from our documentation program.

You might want to look into ASDoc by Adobe. It comes with the Flex SDK so it's free. It builds documentation the same as what you see in the Flex Language Reference, from your classes. It might only do AS3, but it would be worth a look.

Some documentation on ASDoc:
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/201/html/asdoc_127_1.html

Posted by northcode in Coffee Lounge on Jun 11 2008, 09:56 am

You probably can't find anything like it because we built it from scratch. The online help is generated automatically as part of our build process from the same source documents that are used to generate our CHM file, Flash help panel help and code hinting files.

Posted by jlsyzsin in Coffee Lounge on Jun 11 2008, 09:56 am

Thank you very much for the fast response. Thats great.