Posted by smuella in SWF Studio V3 on May 08 2008, 06:16 am

Hi there,

I am having some difficulty getting a high resolution video file playing well (from harddrive) in my flash/northcode project.

My high bitrate flv looks great, but plays jerkilly and loses synch. So I thought I would try the WMV functionality in northcode instead..

I used visualHub (mac software) to encode a high quality wmv file that plays fine in windows media player. However, when I adapted the example video file (wmvideo1) to play my file - it just comes up as a big black rectangle.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong - either pointers to getting the playback better for the flv or for getting the wmv to paly at all would be helpful!!

Many thanks,

Sam.

Posted by smuella in SWF Studio V3 on May 08 2008, 08:14 am

Hi -

I've managed to get the wmv playing fine now- I think the issue was to do with the version property not being set. It's good now and the wmv is playing very smoothly and without the sync issues I had with the flv.

A new question though - How does the wmv work with levels? ie - if I want to superimpose something over the top of the wmv is it possible - or is the wmv always on top of everything else?

Many thanks,

Sam.

Posted by mbd in SWF Studio V3 on May 08 2008, 08:29 am

I've used an analogy in another thread that aplies here:
http://www.northcode.com/forums/showpost.php?p=42853&postcount=2