Posted by intromo in SWF Studio V3 on May 07 2008, 02:28 pm

I've been able to create several EXE files that generally run well. However, when I double-click the application EXE, I get a Windows Open File Security Warning? Publisher could not be verified.

I did a quick search in these forums, and nothing came up. Has anyone else experienced this problem - and found a solution?

Posted by AGo in SWF Studio V3 on May 07 2008, 04:35 pm

The sky in my magic crystal ball is a bit cloudy today, but that sounds like a file transfered from another machine and maybe even a Vista-only issue right? However that might happen on XP as well IIRC.

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on May 07 2008, 04:35 pm

That's standard behavior for a Windows application when downloading an unsigned application from the internet. If you buy a code signing certificate and sign your application you'll still see the warning dialog, but the publisher name will not be "unknown".

Introduction to Code Signing (Microsoft)

You can purchase codes signing certificates from a number of sources, the two best recognized are probably VeriSign and Thawte.

Posted by intromo in SWF Studio V3 on May 07 2008, 04:57 pm

QUOTE: from northcode;44201
That's standard behavior for a Windows application when downloading an unsigned application from the internet. If you buy a code signing certificate and sign your application you'll still see the warning dialog, but the publisher name will not be "unknown".

Introduction to Code Signing (Microsoft)

You can purchase codes signing certificates from a number of sources, the two best recognized are probably VeriSign and Thawte.

This EXE is loading from an internal server. Why would i need this? Isn't there something inside windows to turn this off?

Please advise. Thank you for your help.

Posted by intromo in SWF Studio V3 on May 07 2008, 05:47 pm

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061107232556AAsBdFe

:) - All solved!

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on May 08 2008, 10:27 am

Just FYI - that solves it on your machine, but anyone you give that EXE to will see the same thing.