Posted by s.jackett in SWF Studio V2 on Apr 22 2008, 07:12 am

We have to support some legacy code that was build using SWF studio 2. When the user double clicks the icon to start the application it does not start. On some machines this is not a problem. I think it has to do with the version of flash player installed. I have solved the problem on my machine by installing Install Flash Player 9 AX.exe and it now seems to work ok. However on the users machine when they run the installer it reports there is a more up to date version and directs them to the adobe website. When they install the player through the adobe website they still cannot start the software. It seems that only this version of the player allows the software to function. Any help in getting this resolved would be greatly received!

Posted by Jhon in SWF Studio V2 on Apr 22 2008, 10:08 am

I don't think SWF Studio V2 works with Vista environment. You will need to upgrade to SWF Studio V3. If that is the problem.
More information on the system in question would help all of us help you better.

Posted by s.jackett in SWF Studio V2 on Apr 22 2008, 10:46 am

Just to clarify this is not specifically a Vista platform problem. The systems in question so far have been mostly XP based. Just for your information we have had no problems running SWFS V2 on Vista. The application just does not start when its double clicked! I do think this is a problem with the way in which SWFS alters the registry with respet to the flash ocx when the application is run, but I could be wrong!

Posted by mbd in SWF Studio V2 on Apr 22 2008, 10:51 am

Even if it's not on Vista, V2 might not work with Flash Player 9. When V2 was released Flash Player 6 had just come out. It worked with Flash Player 7 but V3 came out before Flash Player 8. Development on V2 stopped long before that and support for V2 stopped when V3 was released.

Check out V3. There's a free trial that has no time limitations. The only limitation, like in the V2 trial, is that the EXE will only last for 1 day and then it will inform you that you that the EXE was created with a trial copy of the software.

We also have a V2 to V3 command map to help you move your projects to V3.

Posted by s.jackett in SWF Studio V2 on Apr 22 2008, 11:01 am

Hi Thanks for the response. We do use V3 and yes it does work no problem! We do have the need to support some legacy code out there as we are slowly filtering out and upgrading all our software portfolio to V3 of SWF studio. I was just hoping that for some users on the old software there would be some way we could support them. We are indeed working as hard as we can to get everything moved over to V3. As I say it seems that the workaround I mentioned earlier works in some cases but not others.