Posted by testuser in SWF Studio V3 on Apr 16 2008, 09:01 am

Hi,

i have used the current trial version of SWF Studio for some days. At first it worked as expected. But since some days the generated binary file is always empty (only showing the background color).

My swf is generated using the current version of flex. First i thought it might be because of my swf. That's why i wrote a mini example swf, which just shows a colored square. Even that swf is empty when build with SWF Studio.

Does anyone have an idea what i am doing wrong?

Best regards,
Thomas

Posted by mbd in SWF Studio V3 on Apr 16 2008, 10:12 am

Can you post the example AS/MXML, SWF, and SPF?

Posted by testuser in SWF Studio V3 on Apr 16 2008, 10:27 am

I have attached the very small action script class Test.as and the swf build with the command line compiler of Flex3. The SWF Studio file is also appended. For now i have omitted the generated projector because of the size - if useful i will attach that as well.

Thank you for your fast answer.

attachments: test.zip  

Posted by mbd in SWF Studio V3 on Apr 16 2008, 10:50 am

I didn't have to test this to know you are getting a runtime error. If you enable the Flash debug player for your project you would see it (#1009 A term is undefined).

You are accessing the stage property in your constructor. The stage property will be null at that point, thus the runtime error.

We'll be publishing an FAQ about this. For now here's a post about it:
http://www.northcode.com/forums/showpost.php?p=41684&postcount=4

Posted by testuser in SWF Studio V3 on Apr 16 2008, 11:38 am

You are right. Starting the code in the added-to-stage event makes everything work.

Thank you very much.
This fast support encourages me to use SWF Studio and get a license soon :)