Posted by baoputzi in SWF Studio V3 on Apr 10 2008, 06:53 am

Problem:
I am looking for an event telling me that the file i.e. a QT movie clip loaded in ssCore.Browser has reached its end.

Background:
The only way to open a QuickTime movie which works for me (maybe there are others but activeX failed on many machines with XP and Vista) and this method seems to be stable on different systems.

Is there an event which I could catch, telling me when the end of the movie is reached? Similar to the onComplete event fired by flv or wmv?

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Apr 10 2008, 09:47 am

The only way you'll be able to catch any events that QT throws when it's embedded in a browser is with JavaScript in the HTML of the page hosting the QT control. It's exactly the same as if you were doing it on the web. I don't know if there is such an event, but you should be able to find help out there somewhere. This can't be the first time someone needed this functionality.

Posted by baoputzi in SWF Studio V3 on Apr 11 2008, 05:19 am

thanks Tim.
As I was only using SWF Studio's ssCore.Browser to open the QT I was wondering if there might be a build in ability for that. I know how to handle this issue via JavaScript for QT embeded in a HTML file. But that is just not what I need. I simply need to open and play QT which I cant do with SWF Studios abilities. And as far as I searched this Forum nobody can. Thus maybe thats a point for your wishlist ...

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Apr 11 2008, 09:17 am

QUOTE:
know how to handle this issue via JavaScript for QT embeded in a HTML file.If you're already using the embedded browser to do this then you can use the HTML/JavaScript solution to catch the event and pass it to SWF Studio so your ActionScript code knows about it. Derek has posted a couple of examples showing how to do this.