Posted by sol in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 19 2008, 01:27 pm

Hi there,

we created a video DVD with mixed mode and want to start the Software DVD player which is installed on the system.

we tested around with shell.open and shell.execute, but did not come to a satisfying result. opening a VOB or IFO File did not work on all installations. Especially not with PowerDVD.

Any hints?

Simon

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 19 2008, 04:17 pm

How would you normally start the player?

Posted by sol in SWF Studio V3 on Apr 02 2008, 04:15 am

Hi there,

I had never to start the dvd player before via script. So this is complete new stuff for me and it took me a while. I hope somebody can save his time and use my approach!

I used the following code to start the DVD-Player. This is still code for testing only, no error handling or whatsoever. However, in my Computer settings it starts the WMPlayer which starts the DVD-Player.

function startDVD() {
        ssDefaults.synchronousCommands = true;
   var rootKey = "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT";
   var subKey = "DVD\\shell\\play\\command";
   var return_obj = ssCore.Registry.getValue({rootKey:rootKey, subKey:subKey, valueName:""});
   var wmpath = return_obj.result;
   ssDebug.trace(wmpath);
   ssCore.Shell.execute({path:wmpath});
}

If somebody is playing around with this, it would be nice to find out about the results. There are never enough tester ;-)

so far so good!
Simon

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Apr 02 2008, 11:03 am

I meant how do you manually open the DVD playback software? How do you select the video? If you just click on the video and the software opens then Windows has to know how to start it. All we need to do is reverse engineer the manual process to figure out how to automate it.