Posted by Jhon in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 16 2008, 03:28 pm

Hello,

On this page of the online and offline documentation
http://www.northcode.com/v3/help/SWFStudio/ssCore_FileSys_specialFolder.html

The link MSDN.Microsoft.com leads to a 404 error page. Also it needs to be update with Vista paths

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 16 2008, 03:46 pm

I'll fix that in the online version, but it's also broken in the CHM, help in Flash, etc. and that will be fixed in the next build.

The list of special folders should have some new Vista specific paths added but that's a code change not a documentation change. Those are all the special path names we currently support. We decide what those are, not Microsoft. Any similarity to Microsoft shell namespace names are purely coincidental. If you need a Vista specific path, use the correct CSIDL value.

Posted by Jhon in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 16 2008, 04:04 pm

QUOTE:

use the correct CSIDL value

I can't find the their Hex code. If I try, form MSDN ( http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762494.aspx) CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA, I get nothing more then "undefined". (or maybe I use the wrong thing)

However, I found the path that I am looking for in the registry at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Shell Folders

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 16 2008, 04:40 pm

CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA is the name of the constant, the value you need is 0x0023. If you download the Microsoft Platform SDK you can find that in ShFolder.h (on my system it's in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Include). Here's a little bit of that file (with some extra ifdef's and stuff removed).

#define CSIDL_PERSONAL                  0x0005      // My Documents
#define CSIDL_APPDATA                   0x001A      // Application Data
#define CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA             0x001C      // non roaming, user\Local Settings\Application Data
#define CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA            0x0023      // All Users\Application Data

Posted by Jhon in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 16 2008, 04:48 pm

Ah ok, I thought you guys included ShFolder.h in Build 3.5 of SWF Studio.