Posted by matthew.lukas in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 10 2008, 11:52 am

In vista i am running into a problem on some computers where loaded flvs do not play and loaded swf files do not play when user account control is set to on. Any one have any Ideas on this? Since ways to turn off user account control vary from computer to computer it is a pain to show how to do it on all vista computers.

thanks for any help.
Matt

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 11 2008, 02:48 pm

Where are you trying to load the files from? UAC may be blocking you from reading files that a normal (restricted) account should not be able to access. We really need more info about what you're trying to do in order to diagnose the problem.

Posted by matthew.lukas in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 11 2008, 03:17 pm

The program is located on a dvd. The main program that plays flvs is in the root folder of the disc. This program loads the flvs from a subfolder that is in the root folder. So the location would be like root/swf/flvfiles. What I'm having problems with, might be that the flvPlayer is located within a movieclip that is placed on the "main stage". It is done this way so that this movieclip containing player can be faded in and out. It is hard for me to test because it does not happen on my version of vista anymore even when user account control is set to on. However, it still happens on other Vista platforms. Please, any help would be great as this program may be sent out to up to 200,000 users in California, I really need to get this working right.

thanks for your help.
Matt