Posted by webfraggle in SWF Studio V3 on Feb 19 2008, 07:13 am

I used the latest build .285 to see if that bug is fixed. But it doesn't work.

I open a browser without borders (ssCore.Browser.showBorder({flag:false});) and move it outside the stage. If I want to us it, I move it into view. But if I do that the border is shown.

And what's really amazing, I can paint it away with another windows window by moving it in front of it.

Any suggestions to avoid that the border appears when moving a browser?

Thanks
webfaggle

Posted by mbd in SWF Studio V3 on Feb 19 2008, 10:54 am

I don't see the problem you are seeing on my WinXP system. However, I do see a potentially related effect: when you change the stage alignment using ssCore.Win.setStageAlign, the browser doesn't move until you mouse over it.

Have you tried using ssCore.Browser.setVisible instead of repositioning to hide/show it?

Posted by webfraggle in SWF Studio V3 on Feb 20 2008, 03:25 am

Yes, I tried setVisible. But this is only available in 3.5 beta.

Are there any limitations or disadvantages if we use 3.5 beta for our final projects?

Posted by mbd in SWF Studio V3 on Feb 20 2008, 09:40 am

We don't advise that people use the beta for production because it's not an official release. When is your deadline?

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Feb 20 2008, 12:04 pm

Unofficially (you didn't hear this from me) the beta is pretty much wrapped up. We're not making any more code changes unless a real show-stopper problem is discovered. Once we finish cleaning up the help and codehinting we'll be promoting 3.5 as the official public version. It's just days away (in case you were wondering).