Posted by McBeaver in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 24 2008, 04:37 pm

In my application I have a video loop going while the user can open up certain objects (an image, a small rss reader as an swf), including a browser. Sometimes there is a minor hiccup when the video plays and the browser is loading (video pauses a bit, other button touches doesn't respond well).

I am running this in a controlled environment, so is there anyway I can preload or cache certain functionality to speed things up? Maybe preload the next video while the current one is playing.... Its a WinXP system.

Can the initial exe be created without all the .dlls embedded (keep them in a sub directory), something to make it smaller? I created a simple stub movie to open an swf and its 3.5 megs.

Thank you.

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 24 2008, 10:42 pm

Video playback is incredibly sensitive to any drain on the CPU. Loading a browser can create quite a CPU spike for a short time, definitely enough to disrupt video playback. The best way to prevent this would be to create the embedded browser in advance and just hide it until you need it. A "heavy" page may still chew up enough cycles to affect your video though, no guarantees there.