Posted by dev_maniac in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 06 2008, 10:03 pm

Wow, I am really struggling with this and I'm not sure why.

I want to make a custom .Net plugin. I have one started, but it's not running at all, so I've just been playing around with the included VB.Net Sample and trying to get that to work. I attached a zip.

I built the Sample plugin, put it in the Northcode plugins folder, then built Test.exe. It partially works - it will start ticking, but the echo function errors. I modified it a bit to make it actually show an error message.

Then I tried to set it up for debugging. Modified the .fla to load the plugin from the folder, unchecked Sample on the plugins tab, built and put Test.exe in bin/Debug, and set the project to load test.exe. That didn't work at all, doesn't load the plugin. The code for it is commented out now in the .fla.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? Could it possibly be a Windows Vista issue? I think if I can just get debugging working I might have a chance to do what I want, but I'm stuck there after a couple days of playing with it.

BTW, I love Northcode, it's an awesome program and I've used it to make some killer flash apps run on Windows. And I love the idea of custom plugins, this will make it so I can do absolutely anything. Wah ha ha ha ha cough choke.. if I can get it working that is.

attachments: Sample.zip