Posted by jwr in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 04 2008, 02:56 pm

Hi Northcode,

With a project I'm working on I use the "file sys" plug in in order to be able to "explore" the CD.

I now notice that there is a file that has appeared on my desktop called "settings.ini" It is a text file that contains the location and size of a window.

Is this a needed file and should it be placed in the startdir folder of my app? When the app is run on someone else's computer will this file also appear?

Blessings

jwr

Posted by mbd in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 04 2008, 03:34 pm

SWF Studio EXEs don't generate a file called settings.ini by themselves. At most an application will create a folder in the temp folder that contains temporary files it uses.

What you describe sounds like a component I might have given you called ssWinSizePos (or similar). Check your library in your FLA. It would also be on the stage somewhere in your project.

If you have that component, it is used to remember the last size, position, and window state of the application before it was closed. The next time the application starts up the component will reset the window back to the previous settings if it finds settings.ini. The name and location of the file is optional. Alternatively, you can have it use Flash's SharedObject to store the info, which is also a file created on the user's system.

Do you have the component in your FLA?

Posted by jwr in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 04 2008, 05:13 pm

Hi mbd,

No, there are no components in the file at all. The file appeared twice and now I can't get it to reproduce again... strange.

I do have the "filesys" plugin checked though.

I've attached the file for you to have a look see. I've had to change the name from "settings.ini" to "settings.txt" in order to upload it.

Did you have any further thoughts about my other post? http://www.northcode.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8646

Thank you

jwr

attachments: settings.txt  

Posted by mbd in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 05 2008, 12:56 am

The settings file you've attached is exactly what the component produces. Your current project may not have the component in there, but some EXE you are running is using it. By default the component uses the startdir, so if you're seeing the INI file on the desktop look for an app on your desktop that you might be running.

Additionally, if your current project uses other SWFs or launches another EXE that's where it might be.

Having the FileSys plugin included in your EXE is not related to this.