Posted by dev_maniac in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 03 2008, 07:30 pm

Is there a strong named / signed version of NetPlugin.dll?

Anyone have good instructions on how to create one if not?

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 03 2008, 09:30 pm

There is no signed version of NetPlugin.dll. Are you running into a situation where you're seeing an error because the DLL isn't signed?

Posted by dev_maniac in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 03 2008, 10:04 pm

I get a build error if I try to sign my plugin dll. And I'm trying to reference that dll in another project which is also signed.

There's a couple ways I can get around it I'm sure, it would just be nice if there was a simple way to get it signed.

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 03 2008, 10:44 pm

Signing it shouldn't stop the NetPlugin DLL from work but it's possible, we never tried signing it since it's only used internally. We'll have a look at that and try to figure out what's going on.

Posted by dev_maniac in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 04 2008, 01:18 am

Also, is there an example flash file I can see that uses the Sample in the SDK? I see Test.spx, which I got to work, but no .fla to go along with it.

I'm missing something when I try to compile my own .fla using the Sample plugin, it doesn't work. I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't figure it out so I'm hoping there's an example to compare to.

Posted by Dan in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 04 2008, 09:53 am

When you open the spx, it extracts all the files you need for the sample, which includes the fla.

Posted by Dan in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 04 2008, 03:51 pm

dev_maniac,

Let's see if I understand the steps you're following.

1) You've created/compiled a plugin (dll), using MS Visual Studio 2005.

2) You have a certificate (possibly self-signed) that is defined for code signing.

3) You sign your dll with the above certificate.

4) You copy your newly signed dll to the Studio3\Plugins folder. (Do this while SWF Studio is NOT running, to ensure the dll is not in use.)

5) You open/create a project, and select your signed plugin from the Plugins tab. (Note: In order for SWF Studio to display the plugin's description, it has to load the dll. So if this works, then there's a reasonably good chance your dll is "sane".)

6) You press build, and get an error?

If you skip step 3 above, does your project build correctly? Are you doing all the steps on the same machine?

Posted by dev_maniac in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 04 2008, 04:30 pm

No not quite. Should have been more specific. Thank you by the way for pointing out the obvious above. Doh...

Steps, starting from VB.Net Sample that builds correctly.

In solution explorer, double click on My Project

Click Signing tab

Check 'Sign the assembly' choose a strong name key file.
(mine comes from Thawte, but you can easily make your own)

Now try to build the solution

I get an error that says "Unable to emit assembly: Referenced assembly 'NetPlugin' does not have a strong name"

Posted by Dan in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 07 2008, 02:39 pm

Try the attached class library.

attachments: NetPlugin 3.5.0.234.zip