Posted by gr.ind.can in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 30 2016, 02:33 am

Like "startdir", "ssTempDir" is there something which returns the "Temp Internet Files" folder location? Basically what I want is to clear the temp internet directory every time my app is launched. What is the best way to do this through SS?

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 30 2016, 03:05 am

Where IE stores its temporary files can differ between versions of IE. It can also vary based on the operating system. Finally, the user (or administrator) can change where IE stores temp files my modifying the registry. Cleaning out all of the IE temp files may also be something the user doesn't want you doing so you better have a REALLY good reason and tell them that you're doing it before you do it!

Posted by gr.ind.can in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 30 2016, 03:15 am

I know it can vary from c:/user/appdata/microsoft/windows... to anything depending on OS and administrator's settings. That's why I don't want to hard-code this path. Is there some API or function available which can return the current path? Or, do you know where this path information is saved (registry or some readable file) so that my app can find that path and remove old stored files. The problem is that playing YouTube in my app (ss browser) 24 hours, keep consuming temp storage. I have made settings in IE explorer not to save old files etc.. but it still not deleting old data and ends to 0kb available space on disk.

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 31 2016, 01:46 am

Here's a place to start... https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/Cleaning-temporary-Internet/ta-p/18280