Posted by webmaven in SWF Studio V3 on Feb 23 2016, 11:51 am

I just built an AS3 project. I did add the Nortcode AS3 Library and SWF Studio v3 AS3 API to my Library.

My project is using the cam and a lot of AS Linkage as well as external AS code. When I build the project it finishes without errors but when it starts, the cam does not work and the ScrollPane that loads the AS linkage does not display the content.

Am I missing something?

I am running on Windows 7 Pro

Raymond

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Feb 23 2016, 06:51 pm

What version of the Flash player are you targeting?

If you need a certain version of the Flash player for your code to work, and SWF Studio doesn't support that version, then you're going to get runtime errors and your code won't work.

If you have version 3.9, try selecting one of the Flash debug players so you can see if any runtime errors are being generated.

If you don't have version 3.9, fire off a quick email to support@northcode.com with your serial number and I'll hook you up.

Posted by webmaven in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 10 2016, 11:33 am

thanks for your response. It seems to be working now I must have fix a bug that was causing the problem.

I did find one thing when trying to use the camera. My original code had the following: camera.setMode(w,h,stage.frameRate);

The was causing an error saying I had a null variable.

After trial and error it was the stage.frameRate that was the issue. So I changed the code to the this: camera.setMode(w, h, 30);

This was very odd problem because the original code work in the flash player with no errors but when I put it into SWF Studio I got the error. I am guessing there is a timing issue that when it gets to this part of the code it does not have the stage.frameRate info.

Again thanks for your help.

Raymond

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Mar 10 2016, 01:13 pm

The answers you seek can be found here...

Why doesn't my AS3 project run in SWF Studio?