Posted by gr.ind.can in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 28 2016, 08:00 am

I am facing a weird issue with HTTPS connection. My application pings a URL when its launched. The application is set in registry "shell" so when the device starts, the app automatically starts instead of explorer. Recently I enabled HTTPS on my server. Now when the app pings the URL (with https) it keeps loading infinitely. The URLLoader does not throw any error. I have tried all event listeners on URLLoader. Now interesting thing is, when I launch the explorer manually, everything starts working. I also exported the running services list before and after explorer, both are same. If I change URL from HTTPS to HTTP, it works.

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 28 2016, 04:43 pm

It sounds like it's depending on some behaviour of the application being launched that your application isn't doing properly. What registry setting are you using to do this?

Posted by gr.ind.can in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 29 2016, 01:46 am

I have changed registry key "Winlogon" value "Shell" to "path\myapp.exe" from default "explorer.exe"

Winlogon key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 29 2016, 02:42 am

That is a pretty dangerous thing to do unless you're sure your application behaves exactly like the default shell. The problem could be any number of things. If the HTTPS link performs a redirect, it could be calling the shell again or it could be something even more obscure. I would start by making sure your app is marked as "single instance only" and see if that helps. It will still try to launch itself again but it will abort when it sees that it's already running.

Posted by gr.ind.can in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 29 2016, 07:11 am

This is a device specific problem. The problem occurs 2 of 300 devices. All other devices are working fine. On the same 2 devices, if I use HTTP (instead of HTTPS), it works fine.