Posted by markhad in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 27 2011, 04:26 am

The command:

ssCore.FileSys.explore({path:"startdir://"});

...works perfectly when the Flash is AS2 but not when AS3. Is there something I'm not doing?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 27 2011, 09:28 am

Depending on the version of Flash you're using to author your SWF, the most likely cause is that you haven't included the SWC or pointed your classpath at the AS3 class files.

If you select a Debug version of the Flash player you should see a runtime error of some kind. That will tell you exactly what's wrong.

Also, make sure you're not getting any compilation errors in Flash, they're a bit more subtle in CS5.X than they were in previous versions.

Posted by markhad in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 27 2011, 09:46 am

I am using CS5. Unfortunately, I am new to AS3 and know nothing of what you say!

Compile error says "Access of undefinedm property ssCore"

I have nothing more than the simple line of code above which opens the folder in AS2 but not is AS3. Forgive my igorance.

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 27 2011, 01:32 pm

You need to change your AS3 classpath to point to the AS3 classes we supply that define ssCore and other objects in our API otherwise Flash has no idea what they are.

They are shipped with SWF Studio in C:\Program Files\Northcode\Studio3\AS3 Classes. The path may be slightly different if you didn't install SWF Studio in the default folder or your root drive is not the C: drive.

Posted by markhad in SWF Studio V3 on Sep 29 2011, 10:53 am

Thta's why they pay you the big bucks...!

All sorted, thanks.