Posted by gr.ind.can in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 24 2011, 09:32 am

Hey,
I have used your FTP code example. It works perfect for all files except the compressed files.

I am downloading a ZIP or RAR file of approx 8-10 MB. It downloads approx 99% but for last 3-4 KB it shows an error message for download failed. I have tested this several times with different file sizes. Always the download stops at last 3-4 KB. Then I have reduced the Buffer size and now the download error appears in last 1-2 KB. Then i have reduced the buffer size to 1 but still I get the error in last 1 KB.

ERROR: An error has occurred and the download must be terminated by calling FTP.close.

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 24 2011, 10:02 am

To the FTP plugin a compressed file is no different than any other file.

The only reason it should fail is if there's some problem with the file on the server. Can you download that file with another FTP program? Is it still readable?

If you're downloading different types of files are you changing the FileSys.transferMode or are you leaving it set to binary for all files?

Can you tell me (via email) where the file is and how I can access it so I can try it here?

Posted by gr.ind.can in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 24 2011, 03:02 pm

Yes the compressed file is easily downloading with the CuteFTP and its readable. Also I noticed one more thing. When I download an image file (JPG) or a mp3 file (both approx 4mb) it downloads successfully first time. Then I delete these files from my local system and again run the app. This time again the download fails just before 3-4 kb remaining.

I'll send you the file details in the mail.

Posted by gr.ind.can in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 25 2011, 03:52 am

I have tested this issue more on 3 more servers (1 windows and 2 Linux). Its working perfectly fine on all these servers. Its properly downloading the compressed file, mp3 file and image file every time. That means there is some issue with my main server where i have to keep the files (Windows 2000 Server).

Do you know what is the problem? Or can you guide me to know which setting/service i can tweak at my server to check this?

But there must be some issue in the program also because the CuteFTP is able to download the files.

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 25 2011, 12:47 pm

Can you provide the FTP details (via email) so I can try it here?

CuteFTP may be getting an error but igoring it because it's not *really* important. If CuteFTP has a log you can look at, that might help. What you want to see are the raw FTP commands that are being sent and the responses from your server.

The FTP plugin is using WinINet under the covers, so you can try downloading the file using IE ( ftp://whatever...) and see if that provides any more insight or a better error.

Posted by gr.ind.can in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 26 2011, 03:28 am

I have sent you the FTP details in the mail.

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Aug 26 2011, 10:34 am

Got it. I'll try it today and see if it works or if I can figure out why it's failing.