Posted by fkafaie in Plugin Development on Mar 03 2011, 06:06 am

hi
i want sysinfo plugin
but i cant download it from : http://www.northcode.com/studio/plugins/sysinfo.html

pls give me this

i want to build a cpu usage meter but dont have sysinfo plugin

tnx

Posted by Dan in Plugin Development on Mar 03 2011, 09:26 am

I suspect you got that link from a post that was made back in 2001. Needless to say, that's not "current".

The SysInfo plugin is part of SWF Studio V3 now. There's no need to download it separately.

Posted by fkafaie in Plugin Development on Mar 04 2011, 01:11 am

QUOTE: from Dan;52252
I suspect you got that link from a post that was made back in 2001. Needless to say, that's not "current".

The SysInfo plugin is part of SWF Studio V3 now. There's no need to download it separately.

yeas i know but my swf studio v3.7 dosent have plugin :(

and now im conect to internet by Dialup !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant download again swf studio

pleas send me sysinfo.dll that i copy it in my plugin folder
tnx dear

Posted by northcode in Plugin Development on Mar 04 2011, 02:28 am

There is no SysInfo plugin anymore (it's part of the core now, see SysInfo) so there's nothing to send you and there was nothing in the old SysInfo plugin that would help you create a CPU usage meter anyway.

The only command that might be relevant is ssCore.SysInfo.getCPUSpeed but that gives you the speed of your CPU (never changes) and it's been there since version 3.0 build 2039.

Posted by fkafaie in Plugin Development on Mar 05 2011, 05:47 am

QUOTE: from northcode;52257
There is no SysInfo plugin anymore (it's part of the core now, see SysInfo) so there's nothing to send you and there was nothing in the old SysInfo plugin that would help you create a CPU usage meter anyway.

The only command that might be relevant is ssCore.SysInfo.getCPUSpeed but that gives you the speed of your CPU (never changes) and it's been there since version 3.0 build 2039.

hi dear firs sorry for my bad writing im from iran and cant write english very well

second i didnt know that its no change
tnx e lot

if it work may be very cool in flash project.
i work hard to creat this
do u have any idea about creat cpu usage?

Posted by northcode in Plugin Development on Mar 07 2011, 02:43 am

Since there's no function in SWF Studio to get this information your only options are (a) write your own plugin (b) query WMI for the information you need or (c) find a command line tool that dumps the info you need, call it from SWF Studio and read the results.

Posted by fkafaie in Plugin Development on Mar 09 2011, 12:29 am

QUOTE: from northcode;52262
Since there's no function in SWF Studio to get this information your only options are (a) write your own plugin (b) query WMI for the information you need or (c) find a command line tool that dumps the info you need, call it from SWF Studio and read the results.

i write this code in my flash project

var return_obj = ssCore.SysInfo.getIPAddress();

ssDebug.trace(return_obj.result);

tx.text = return_obj

and i want to sent it to a dynamic text but it dosent work :(

pleas help me :(

Posted by northcode in Plugin Development on Mar 09 2011, 12:51 am

You need to look at the result property of the return object, like you're doing in the call to ssDebug.trace.

var return_obj = ssCore.SysInfo.getIPAddress({});
tx.text = return_obj<font color='red'>.result;</font>
For this to work you also need to make sure you have synchronous commands enabled or the return object will be undefined on the next line where you're trying to use it.

ssCore.init();
ssDefaults.synchronousCommands = true;
tx.text = return_obj.result

The call to ssCore.init and the setting of ssDefaults only has to be done once in your application. Normally this is done at the very beginning of your application.

Posted by fkafaie in Plugin Development on Mar 09 2011, 06:48 am

QUOTE: from northcode;52286
You need to look at the result property of the return object, like you're doing in the call to ssDebug.trace.

var return_obj = ssCore.SysInfo.getIPAddress({});
tx.text = return_obj<font color='red'>.result;</font>
For this to work you also need to make sure you have synchronous commands enabled or the return object will be undefined on the next line where you're trying to use it.

ssCore.init();
ssDefaults.synchronousCommands = true;
tx.text = return_obj.result

The call to ssCore.init and the setting of ssDefaults only has to be done once in your application. Normally this is done at the very beginning of your application.

i test this code and its work
i very happy new
and tanx alot

send may project to u every time it complete

but one question>::

i want to sell my work may b i creat template and sell it

u think that i can make many mony?

Posted by northcode in Plugin Development on Mar 09 2011, 10:18 am

QUOTE:

i test this code and its work
i very happy new
and tanx alot

send may project to u every time it complete

You're welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've built!

QUOTE:
i want to sell my work may b i creat template and sell it
You can do whatever you want with your source code, as long as you're not selling copies of SWF Studio with it :)

QUOTE:
u think that i can make many mony?
It all depends on how many people need what you're selling.

Posted by fkafaie in Plugin Development on Mar 12 2011, 04:41 pm

QUOTE: from northcode;52292
You're welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've built!

You can do whatever you want with your source code, as long as you're not selling copies of SWF Studio with it :)

It all depends on how many people need what you're selling.

new problem
i write this code in my project :

ssCore.Win.setStageAlign({align:"TL"});
ssCore.Desktop.changeResolution({width:1280, height:768, colorDepth:32, useDirectDraw:true});

and then a button that have this code:

ssCore.Desktop.changeResolution({permanent:false});
ssCore.Win.center();

but when i click it it dosent work
by this button i want to exit fullscreen mode

Posted by northcode in Plugin Development on Mar 12 2011, 04:50 pm

The call to Desktop.changeResolution requires the width, height and colorDepth parameters. If you want to change back to your original resolution you need to remember what they are before you change them. You can get the original values from ssGlobals.ssDesktopWidth, ssGlobals.ssDesktopHeight and ssGlobals.ssDesktopColorDepth. Whatever changes you make using Desktop.changeResolution are undone when you end your app unless you've set the permanent flag to true (but that is ignored if useDirectDraw is set to true).

Posted by fkafaie in Plugin Development on Mar 13 2011, 01:55 am

QUOTE: from northcode;52321
The call to Desktop.changeResolution requires the width, height and colorDepth parameters. If you want to change back to your original resolution you need to remember what they are before you change them. You can get the original values from ssGlobals.ssDesktopWidth, ssGlobals.ssDesktopHeight and ssGlobals.ssDesktopColorDepth. Whatever changes you make using Desktop.changeResolution are undone when you end your app unless you've set the permanent flag to true (but that is ignored if useDirectDraw is set to true).

tanks very much