Posted by swfs_eval in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 03 2011, 08:31 pm

I'm new to the product and so I've probably made some mistake, but here's the situation. I run my application as a standalone EXE in Win XP, NOT in a browser. I want it to be borderless, draggable and allow Users to resize the projector. I followed a note from this forum and:

On the Window Tab, set the Size option to be exactly and set the size 800x600.

On the Movie Tab, set Scale Mode option to scale it.

This gives me borderless and resize, to get draggable I set the "Make the application draggable.." option on the Application tab.

All of this works fine except that my drop-down menu's no longer work. If I unset the "draggable" option on the Application tab, the menu's work but I lose draggability.

How do I fix this?

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 03 2011, 10:11 pm

The make the application draggable option basically eats the initial mouse down event. It's an "instant gratification" feature. It makes you window draggable, but at the cost of basically disabling interactive elements in your SWF. This is a variant of Why aren't my buttons working in SWF Studio? and the same solutions mentioned in the FAQ can be applied.

Posted by swfs_eval in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 04 2011, 07:09 pm

Tim, thanks for the pointer. Option 1 didn't work but option 2 did!

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 04 2011, 07:20 pm

Smart drag tells SWF Studio not to drag your window if the cursor is the hand cursor. So that's only an option if you're managing the cursor and turn it into the hand cursor when you're above interactive elements.

Option 2 lets you determine when your app window should be draggable so you have more control and no strange interactions with your carefully crafted UI.

Posted by swfs_eval in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 04 2011, 08:04 pm

My drop-down menu now requires a double-click - is that adjustable?

Posted by northcode in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 04 2011, 08:45 pm

It's the same issue (click being eaten by drag code). All you have to do is make sure the call to Win.startDrag doesn't happen when the mouse is above your drop down. You might have to split the movie clip you're using to catch the drag events into pieces or make sure it's below your drop down so the drop down gets the mouse click before the mc does.

Posted by swfs_eval in SWF Studio V3 on Jan 04 2011, 09:03 pm

Tim, thanks again - my fault (newbies!). I still had "make the application draggable..." set. Unsetting & re-building put me back to single click for my menu.